Stockholm, SE SE
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognise that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
The Challenge Ahead
Technical Animators at DICE have a proven understanding of animation and character setup in relation to video game development. They make sure Animators and Artists have all the tools necessary to author industry leading content, and make it possible for these crafts to integrate smoothly into our pipeline.
The challenge for Tech Animation is to build pioneering solutions for DICE games that constantly evolve. Remaining at the forefront of video game creation can be difficult, but it's a large part of what makes developing at DICE so rewarding and satisfying. We're looking for Technical Animators that want to take on the challenges of ongoing product and pipeline evolution, and who will have fun pushing the boundaries of animation and characters in our games.
The Next Great Technical Animator At DICE
As a Technical Animator at DICE we hope you want to drive new solutions and ideas, collaborate with other disciplines such as Code, Design, and Art, to ensure that our workflows and tools are the best in the industry. Releasing creative potential while having fun building our products is a main goal!
DICE'ers are curious, take risks and ownership. Executing on our vision to create compelling experiences and constantly improving as we go is a shared ambition, and takes ownership.
As a Technical Animator at DICE, you will:
• Help the wider art and animation team with technical solutions, tools development, in-engine implementations and general problem solving.
• Have a strong understanding of the game animation workflows and pipeline.
• • Game asset creation experience in Maya & Motion Builder.
• Game engine experience, such as Unity or Unreal.
• Cloth, Physics and Ragdoll knowledge.
• Skinning & Rigging.
• Performance impact, memory cost and best practices.
• Write scripts and tools
• • Proficient in Python
• C# and C++ are considered a great plus
• Have a good balance between reactionary and proactive work.
• Have clear structure, prioritization and organization.
• Require 3D Math knowledge.
• Need the ability and tenacity for R&D; push the bar for what's possible at DICE.
• Share knowledge through presentations & documentation.
• Need strong communication skills both verbally and in text.
As an employee at DICE, we value:
• A mature and responsible team player.
• Ability to share knowledge and mentor your colleagues.
• Looking for ways to develop, self improve and seek out feedback.
• Championing positive team culture
• Collaboration in cross disciplinary strike teams.
• Speaking up and communicating any concerns in a constructive way.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, long term career development and training we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees' with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English. Don´t forget a link to your portfolio or reel!