We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
We require a UX Designer whose natural affinity for ergonomics will ensure the player can intuitively explore a complex network of selection and customization screens. You will design and create interface workflows alongside assets and overlays for in game presentation and functionality.
What a UX Designer does at Criterion:
A UX Designer is responsible for developing user experience strategies and designs to deliver reusable, scalable game interfaces that immerse the player in a consistent, intuitive experience. Your analytical eye and user centric design experience enable you to create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes and designs that communicate detailed interaction behaviours to drive alignment and develop methodologies.
Collaboration is key in this role, as you bring together requirements from Art Directors and Game Directors to develop in-game visual style guide, UI design systems, information architecture and game features. You will work with a multi-discipline team of artists, engineers and technical artists. Passion and proactivity help you to drive reviews, present ideas and gather feedback.
A UX Designer also needs:
• You will be partnering with key stakeholders to drive UX design for games across the studio
• Experience in the aspects of player experience flows: From brief or problem definition to the solution of the problem. Under consideration of the user journey by means of flow charts/information architecture, wireframes up to potential prototypes.
• A visual design portfolio that demonstrates your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from inception through completion.
• Experience in creating visual style guides and design systems within the constraints of existing brand identities.
• Experience working with UX researchers, conducting user-tests and analysing data.
• Demonstratable UX design and prototyping (e.g. Sketch, Invision, and Adobe XD)
• You will also have a good understanding of visual design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
• Experience with Game Engines and 3D experience a plus.
• A broad interest and understanding of player types and console gameplay design.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer competitive compensation packages, but more importantly, because we love working with world-class creators, we maintain a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
• Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
• Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
• Private medical insurance & dental care
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance
• Stock plans
• Free onsite gym
• Employee discounts
• Rail season ticket loan
• Annual game points and digital download allowance
• Onsite café
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
• Casual dress code
• Games Area
We're based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
• More about our studio:http://criteriongames.com/
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford