Software Engineer Tools
Software Engineer C++ - EAX
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as software engineer, you will:
• Help develop a library used in EA games running on multiple platforms, including PC and consoles.
• Ensure it is stable, performant and easy to integrate.
• Partner with game teams and ensure the code works on several platforms, always with an eye on performance.
• Be part of the broader engineering group, and an important contributor to the EAX team based in Stockholm.
You bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 3+ years of experience developing games or C++ SDKs/libraries
• Develop C++ code running on multiple platforms
• Familiar with at least one of the following:
• • GPU programming
• Web browser development
• UI technologies such as font rendering, layout and styling
• Embedded script engine
• Network programming
• Audio/video codecs
In a typical week your tasks would include to...
• Develop an SDK used by multiple game teams
• Design systems and APIs
• Work with game teams to ensure quality and performance
• Improve usability, performance, and stability
• Contribute to technical design and reviews
You'll work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization to create outstanding social experiences for our players
• DICE, BioWare, Criterion and others to help enhance the social aspects of their games
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and crossfit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees' with pension; ITP 1 or ITP2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
EA promotes diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Apply online with a resume and cover letter. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.