New York, NY
Desk Assistant (freelance)
To assist assignment editors, reporters and producers in daily news coverage.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Work at the direction of assignment editor to follow up on story tips and make beat checks
• Answer questions from the public on matters related to news gathering
• Conduct interviews as needed
• Organize printed scripts for production staff and talent
• Run assignment desk as needed
• Special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field. Prior experience working in a Newsroom on an Assignment Desk as an assignment editor is a HUGE plus. Prior internship in broadcast newsroom desired. Individual should be results-oriented, dependable, detail-oriented and courteous. Ability and flexibility to work odd hours, weekends and holidays required.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site