We are EA FUEL, a division of EA Sports crafting high quality mobile sports games and focusing on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences created to fit the lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Fuel currently operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
A Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools.
• Research cutting-edge algorithms and techniques.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
• Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
• Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
• Create leading edge reusable technologies; both backend and frontend expertise is required
Required Technical Skills and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Proficiency with C++ (Visual C++ or Visual .NET recommended).
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
• Experience shipping console or large scale mobile game
• Experience with assembler, scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.