Motion Designer/Video Editor
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we're looking for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the world's #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. Our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Madden, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, the Sims and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what makes us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
We're pushing the boundaries on every front, so you'll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Capital Games is looking for a Motion Designer/Video Editor to support our mobile development studio. Primarily focused on our Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes project, this individual should have strong cross-disciplinary communication skills and will work alongside a creative team of artists and editors to ensure our marketing content is delivered at the highest quality and competed on a world class level. The Motion Designer/Video Editor will be responsible for supporting the team with direction from the Lead Editor or Producer with the following:
• Cinematics Production (Animation, Lighting, Rendering, Compositing)
• Gameplay Capture
• Motion Graphics
• Audio Editing and Mixing
• Asset Reformatting (Versioning)
• Asset management and delivery
• Creative concepting and development
Requirements & Skills
• Unity game engine experience with a focus on realtime cinematics production using Timeline
• Proficient in all Adobe products with a focus on After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop
• Minimum 2 years experience in digital video production
• Experience of a similar role within a dynamic commercial environment
• A comprehensive portfolio of work demonstrating proficient editing and motion graphics skills
• Cinema 4D and/or Maya experience a plus
• Strong ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• A passion for storytelling and an understanding of post-production pipelines
• Ability to deliver within deadlines and communicate progress with clarity
• Basic knowledge of video codecs, file formats, frame rates, compression and resolutions
• Production knowledge and experience including camera operation, audio recording, lighting etc. is a plus