Backend Software Engineer
Stockholm, SE SE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content, and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a game engine and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best player experiences in the industry!
You will be a part of an accomplished diverse team developing the tools and game engine behind the amazing worlds you see in Frostbite games. This includes the workflows and systems for building levels and objects in Frostbite. In the team, we collaborate on a daily basis to ensure game teams around the world have great workflows and a flexible engine for their games.
• Improve workflows, data-builds and game systems for handling huge game worlds
• Design systems and APIs used by thousands of game developers across EA
• Work with game teams to ensure outstanding workflows and in-game performance
• Pair with team members to create new features and innovations for our users
• Improve usability, tool performance, and stability to power our users to create stunning games
• Contribute to technical design and reviews
• C++ and software architecture skills
• Experience from game engine development and large-scale game development
• Experience with challenges such as scene and entity systems, handling huge worlds, streaming, and subdivision or multi-user workflows
• Experience with data-oriented design and unit testing
• Experience with agile development practices
• Experience with C#
What's in it for you?
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success! We provide 6 weeks of flexible vacation and are openly against working overtime.
At Frostbite we take care of our team members! We provide our employees with occupational pension and we have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees a variety of sports activities, generous health care allowance, massage, and a bunch of free games every year.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite's Stockholm office.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We look forward to receiving your application!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site