Manager, Distribution Strategy & Planning
Culver City, CA US
The Global Distribution group works closely with teams in various territories and Home Office including Business insights, Product Marketing, Customer Marketing and Commercial. This multi-disciplinary team focuses on building long-term partnerships with global OTT services and in nontraditional distribution channels, successfully rolling out innovative digital initiatives and delivering ''Execution Excellence'' to best serve new emerging technologies, services and future GDG customers and consumers. The Director, New Media Distribution is part of the Global Distribution Group reporting to the SVP, New Media Sales & Distribution This position is based in Los Angeles with some business travel.
60% - New Business Development & Commercial Negotiations
• Partner and support GDG in the pursuit of new digital products and services within the automotive market.
• Structure deals and drive negotiations to conclusion by facilitating discussion and issue resolution across:
o Commercial terms and conditions
o Product & platforms development
o Usage Model
o Digital Policy
o Standard contract schedules
• Lead contact for client business development, client legal, SPT legal and other key SPT stakeholders throughout the process of finalizing long-form contract.
• Ensure all proposed terms are in alignment with GDG overall strategy through close coordination with key stakeholders in home office and territories.
30% - Implementation of New Business
• Partner with Home Office team (B2B) to deliver products/ platforms in line with customer requirement's & expectations and Finance to ensure that operational and financial. components of negotiated business meet GDG contractual agreements and agreed timelines
• Project manage from beginning of deal to close of deal, through launch and account management responsibilities; including supporting the client's current and future vision.
• Advise and troubleshoot with internal and external stakeholders to ensure client service levels and CDG strategies are met.
10% Cross-Divisional Communication
• Communicate, inform and update with SPT cross divisional departments and stakeholders.
• Communicate with Theatrical (Home Office, Regional, Territory) as relevant for alignment.
• Communicate and influence across Sony companies as relevant in pursuit of alignment with Sony sister companies
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and Master's is desired, but not required.
• Typically 5+ years experience in Automotive licensing, preferably with knowledge and experience of digital services and business development
• Legal degree preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experienced gained within a major service provider within the automotive market
• In-depth knowledge of the automotive market, key players and complexities of the channel
• Experience with tier 1 tier 2 Automotive suppliers
• Demonstrable examples of successful strategy implementation, developing long-term partnerships and deal negotiations
• Advise and structure deals with keen attention to contractual details in relation to newly defined digital businesses.
• Demonstrated business acumen and communication skills with experience of presenting to senior management.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with external and internal subject matter experts to effectively communicate the team's vision, value and execute strategy based on agreed upon operating principles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• MS Office Suite, Excel proficiency required.
• Strong capability for planning & analysis allied to the vision to consider wider business, category and market issues.
• Ability to gain clarity on direction and vision and move forward to execution and account management.
• Worldwide travel as required.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building