Vancouver, BC CA
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, MARCOM
Electronic Arts Marcom team is looking for a Creative Director to lead video marketing and creative campaigns for EA SPORTS FIFA based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Each day, 16M minutes of EA's official videos are watched on YouTube, and the Marcom team's ambition is to help build outstanding digital content through data-driven insights and creative innovation. For each of EA's games, the Marcom team is responsible for defining marketing content strategies, digital channel/content analysis, and content creation.
Reporting to the Group Senior Director, the Creative Director will oversee a team of junior creatives and together work with design and production teams to design, create, and publish all the video content across the franchise. The team manages asset production from end-to-end, partnering with various stakeholders – including Studio – and cross-functional teams to ensure creative is impactful, on-brand, and innovative.
The Creative Director will be responsible for writing the ideas, designing the tone, look and vision for video content across the franchise. They will also be expected to manage quality within all content produced, help build creative briefs which meet strategic goals, and drive production within the franchise.
EA SPORTS FIFA:
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
As one of the most innovative, passionate and football-focused teams in the industry, we acquire the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over. If you love football, video games and entertainment, this is a role of a lifetime.
• Develop the central idea for creative campaigns.
• Lead a team of video creatives in developing the work.
• Write treatments and creative responses that inspire the best ideas and execution.
• Champion the work of the team to senior stakeholders.
• Continually identify opportunities to further improve the production and creative process.
• Design, communicate, and align the vision for future video assets.
• Partner closely with video creatives to manage and scale work with multiple teams
• Partner with both the internal production team and external agencies to bring the creative vision for our marketing content to life – at quality, on time, and on budget.
• Build and own relationships with development studios, brand leads, external vendors, and EA artists.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• 7+ years of experience in a creative role in gaming, film, creative agency or media industries required.
• Experience getting ideas into production and a reel that shows excellent work.
• A writer and a storyteller. Scripts and copy come easy and can deliver a message over multiple mediums.
• Demonstrable knowledge of video production, digital channels and digital media required.
• Experience designing, and driving a campaign vision from end-to-end. From selling in the idea to seeing it in lights.
• Ability to interpret data and extract the insights that will unlock innovative marketing.
• You must believe in the power of football. You must understand the cultural and creative potential of the sport.
• Strong feedback, coaching, and relationship building skills.
• Manage internal and external teams.
• Fluent in production and post-production tools and workflows.
• Complex problem-solving ability and always solution-oriented.
• Comfortable dealing with multiple projects in parallel.