New York, NY
TODAY Digital, the multiplatform arm of America's favorite morning show, is looking for a Commerce Editorial Assistant to write shoppable content and support the Shop TODAY team.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills with a firm understanding of grammar and AP style. This candidate should have the ability to write shopping content focused on product categories across fashion, home, parenting, beauty, health and food. They should be able to use data and analytics to drive editorial decisions and accurately decipher marketing jargon to ensure all copy is accurate and help readers make informed shopping decisions.
• Pitch, report and write 5 to 8 shopping articles for Shop TODAY per week, including assignments from editors on the commerce team
• Support the editors by updating gift guide content as assigned
• Contribute weekly pitches to the team based on timely news, trending topics, and SEO terms
• Help code and optimize commerce posts based on affiliate partnerships and search keywords
• Help manage commerce requests that come in from other TODAY Digital editors.
• Support the Shop TODAY team with general tasks and projects as needed.
• 1+ year writing experience; commerce experience a plus
• Exceptional knowledge of grammar and AP Style
• Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the
ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work
across multiple teams
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the
ability to deal with all levels of management
• Strong editorial judgment and sense of the TODAY voice
• Interest in shopping trends and discovering new
products that will resonate with TODAY readers
• Familiarity with affiliate marketing platforms a plus
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site