Manager, Business Continuity Engagement
Vancouver, BC CA
Role: Development Manager (DM)
The role of DM is dynamic and multi-faceted, requiring knowledge of how to excel while working with a multitude of internal clients. The DM will work in close collaboration with the other DM/Development Directors and FIFA Management, in addition to supporting other FIFA team members. The DM will be responsible for assisting with managing scope and budget for individual game areas, working with other development teams to ensure all needs are met to deliver on time and on budget, and help in managing the day to day operations of the FIFA team.
• Assists in managing multiple projects across the FIFA organization.
• Drives regular key stakeholder reviews of deliverables utilizing benchmarks for quality control and tracking responses/bug fixes over the project.
• Assists in managing FIFA capacity plan; project scoping and planning; and change requests.
• Ensures projects are within spending limits for time and resources.
• Tracks and triages issues by working with other DM/DD's in department.
• Proactively assesses and mitigates risks.
• Makes decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and advises accordingly.
• Provides input to budget planning process; adhering to and tracking budget.
• Prioritizes and resolves issues through creative problem solving skills; recognizing and balancing priorities of eliminating the root causes of problems.
• Responsible for managing multiple direct reports including their career development.
• On-Boards new FIFA team members or partners.
• Tracks metrics as required.
• Proactively contributes to making process improvements.
• Helps to streamline tracking processes and procedures.
• Reconciles basic financial information for reporting.
• Is able to operate in a very fast paced environment with changing priorities.
• 2-3 years Project Management or Project Coordination experience.
• Experience with managing and scheduling 5 to 10 staff.
• Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization, especially in a distributed team from different time zones.
• Experience in and ability to work with team members with different skill sets including software engineers and artists.
• Experience with Agile and Scrum
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Project, Word
• Ability to learn quickly and retain high level of detail.
• Positive team based attitude.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We thought you might also like to know: