Marcom – Cinematic Artist
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Marcom Cinematic team is built out of a group of creative and passionate people with backgrounds from all corners of the world. We strive for and open and inclusive environment where everyone has a creative voice. The global team is located in Stockholm, Vancouver and San Francisco.
As a Cinematic Artist you will work with a team of creative artists and editors to help create our outstanding trailers that we use to market our games. You will have responsibility for shot layout, animation, lighting and rendering to achieve the final creative vision as set forward by your Director. Even though this is a Generalist role, we want you to have a particular interest and strength in Lighting. Your background can be from film/TV VFX work or AAA Games Cinematics production. Experience with Real-Time graphics is preferred. You will report to the Sr Producer.
• An artist with a track-record of delivering multiple successful projects.
• Experience creating outstanding animation or cinematic shots, on time and on brief. A strong focus on Lighting.
• Solution focused with the ability to dive technically deep while still keeping an eye on deadlines.
The next great Cinematic Artist also needs:
• Experience of a similar role within a commercial environment.
• 3D skillsets in layout and animation.
• Experience with lighting either in-engine or 3D-package. (i.e. UE4, Unity, Frostbite, Maya, 3DS, etc.)
• Experience with creating "Paint-overs" to quickly communicate your vision for lighting direction.
• Experience with taking a shot from previs, through to final result.
• Knowledge of cinematic language and camera direction.
• A passion for storytelling and an understanding of post-production pipelines.
• Knowledge in using 3d packages with a preferred focus on Maya and MotionBuilder.
• Knowledge of real-time engine technology is considered a major plus.
• Experience knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with Photoshop and After Effects expertise preferred.
• Extensive Problem Solving Skills
• Have a technical mindset and is used to learning new software quickly.
• Set clear priorities to complete work tasks. Being able to use wide brush strokes to prove out a concept before spending time on the details.
• Work to designated deadlines and communicate progress.
• A strong desire to contribute and improve.
• Excited about learning new workflows and adding insight into the production processes.