Stockholm, SE SE
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror's Edge.
The Development and Release Software Engineer role
Development and Release Engineering is the intersection of DevOps, Release Management, Build Engineering, and Production Support. We take care of everything between a developer or creative's desk and the console of a player in their sitting room. We run services to support development teams around the world. We debug why a level is not able to build - and who is best equipped to fix that. We are the superusers of Perforce and git, and we're the experts at shipping games. We write our own technology when we have to but prefer using well-known open-source software. We help EA to ship great games.
DRE is the global organization for Development and Release Engineering at EA and you will work with other teams in Europe and beyond, to spread knowledge, share technology and best practice.
We are involved in most complex technology conversations, so you will get lots of practice communicating with technical leaders. You will talk to Senior Engineers, Technical Directors, Technical Artists, and Systems Engineers.
People come to us with complex loosely-defined problems and ask us to turn them into solutions. Sometimes this means we're collaborating on problems outside our knowledge area, which requires us to learn new things quickly and excel in a changing landscape.
We're a small team with a great deal of responsibility, which means you'll learn many new technologies and join us as being the domain experts in many new areas.
You will report to a Manager of Software Engineering.
• Develop and Operate Continuous Integration for DICE's games
• Communicate with DICE and other teams to ensure games are delivered to required specifications
• Ensure the game is in a good state and can be tested by QA
• Ensure builds are reliable and fast
• Work with people from around the world - we're a global team
• Develop a complex business-critical production system for internal use
• We're an international team who communicate in English - You'll need to be comfortable talking and writing about complex technical details in English
• Work logically to diagnose and troubleshoot in complex systems
• Familiarity with CI software and workflows
• A team collaborator; shares knowledge and responsibilities
• Desire to learn new technologies; both open-source and internal EA systems
• Scripting / programming experience
• A Computing degree or equivalent professional experience (2+ years)
The tech you will use
Although it is not required to have experience in our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
• Windows 10, Ubuntu, Debian
• Jenkins CI
• Perforce, git, GitLab
• vSphere / VMware
• Docker, DC/OS, Kubernetes
• Ansible, Packer
• Elasticsearch, Kibana, SQL
• Python, Java, C#, node.js, C++
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site