Associate Quality Designer
Montreal, QC CA
User Interface Programmer
Everyone in our industry has a Motive - an idea they want to bring to life, something they've never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. This is what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team's imagination. Motive is a new creative-driven studio, led by a team of industry veterans, Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality innovative games to players. lifetime.
Motive is seeking a User Interface (UI) Programmer to join our team.
User Interface Programmers work closely with UI Artists/Designers and the rest of the programming team to develop user interfaces for our games. They help design and implement menus and in-game HUD, both on consoles and on the PC. Their goal is to help make the game interface intuitive and attractive while making sure it has as little impact as possible on game performance.
What the next great UI Programmer will do at Motive:
• Bring the vision of the UI Artist/Designer to life
• Design, author, maintain and document UI systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
• Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that satisfy design and content requirements
• Troubleshoot any UI issues.
• Profile and optimize UI performances
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies;
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• Collaborate with other disciplines (art, design, sound) in implementing the UI
• Identify technical and environmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
• Work alongside QA and the UI Artist/Designer to react to feedback from focus groups and usability studies
Who You Are:
• 5+ years of professional experience
• Proficiency with C++, scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Experience developing complex UI systems for a published game.
• Experience with the release process including working on systems related to localization, certification and asset management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
• Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
• Published games should reflect hands-on experience on XBOX One, PS4 or PC
• Experience with Rendering concepts, Linear Algebra and Graphics Shader Programming
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!