Guildford, United Kingdom
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
Who a contract Level Designer is at Criterion Games:
• Responsible for creating fun, playable gameplay events in an open world environment.
• Work closely with programmers, artists and designers to create and iterate on route design which prove core gameplay concepts.
• Use 3D engines and content creation tools to create and iterate on gameplay experiences that are of a high-quality.
• Create documentation and use any specific level systems, focusing on the gameplay elements of a map.
• Contribute to design meetings with considered comments and thoughts to the concepts being discussed.
• Comfortable working with 3D engines and tools with the ability to implement and manipulate content
• A strong understanding of level design fundamentals with the ability to identify and minimize risk.
• Comfortable collaborating with your design peers, gameplay programmers and your lead.
• A good understanding of visual scripting with the ability to implement and manipulate content
• Some experience with open-world design is preferable, including understanding the technical requirements
• A positive can-do attitude
• Passion for the racing genre
• Ability to critique the content of peers in a group environment and offer creative solutions
• A passion for gaming!
We're based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
• More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford