Montreal, QC CA
Motive is a new creative-driven studio, led by a team of industry veterans. With recent announcements of a new PVZ and Star Wars title Squadrons the team is moving onto its next challenge and needs your help to make it.
We are a big studio made up of small teams. As such we look for the most experienced people in the industry and we give them an environment where they can flourish. We believe the product we make is only as good as the staff we hire. We encourage a culture of support, education and collaboration.
As a Software Engineer on the Quality Engineering team, you will be a part of helping the studio adopt new or proven technology to improve the way we work. The QE team at Motive is a small team that has a large influence on several games in development.
We need a capable generalist that is happy to ''jump in and learn'' as the technology we work on can range from full-stack web development, small made for purpose tools, big data solutions to working with AI. Your capabilities must encompass excellence in development practices, leading of internal growth and develop sound technical plans that produce a meaningful impact on the business.
You will report to the Technical Director for the Motive QE team.
What You Will Do:
• Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to design and implement tested, reusable, and modular code
• Scout, evaluate and present new technology to the team and look for opportunities for innovation
• Pair with the Technical Director to build a strategy to lay foundation and framework for the future of Quality Engineering at Motive and EA
• Create the right approach by understanding the technical needs of a solution, maintainability, scalability and balance all that against the return of investment for the business.
• Harness your desire to understand the WHY behind the requirements of the business to find creative solutions
• Be passionate about non-functional requirements and embody the value of these in your actions
• Take ownership of technical design and implementation for a set of features.
• Demonstrate ownership over your work, through your communication, delivery quality and predictability
• Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures
• Have the autonomy to bring your ideas to fruition
• Mentor less experienced developers
• Experience defining best practices in development and guiding a team to inherit them
• You are always learning and adding to the team's collective knowledge base
• Produce quality work and work through/with others.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• 5 years of industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and development process improvements.
• Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB,
• Experience with .Net, C# and C++
• Experience working in a Scrum team
• Experience building platform-grade tools and services
• Experience mentoring peers, and delivering technical presentations
• Experience delivering system-level technical design and documentation
• Knowledgeable in the software life-cycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
• Knowledge in container orchestration solutions such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Good at bringing change on a studio or your department level
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site