Vancouver, BC CA
DRE are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. Our services include Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure Management. Learn more about us here.
We are seeking a Build Engineer to join DRE and provide exemplary services to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
• Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
• Collaborate with team-mates to maintain and enhance a robust automation pipeline
• Create, modify, and maintain pipeline and workflow tools
• Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
• Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
• Report regular status on assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues
• Document issues and solutions
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Software development experience
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Experience with Jenkins (or similar CI tool)
• Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integrations
• Experience with Python (or other scripting languages), batch, and XML
• Experience writing and debugging in Java or C#
• Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, debugging processes and procedures
• Excellent documentation skills