As part of the EAX Quality Engineering and Solutions team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting edge technologies on the market today, while supporting the development team in its effort to release world class solutions for the automation team.
In your day-to-day activities, you will be working on an agile development team, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming while helping to identify and fill gaps in test coverage, contributing heavily to your team's tools and solutions, collaborating with other developers to identify feature changes and new scope, and helping plan priorities and tactics for test execution.
• Experienced with .Net Core and building RESTful APIs
• A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
• Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, software testing best practices and testing methodologies.
• Experience with using or building software testing frameworks.
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to work with a large, cross-functional, and distributed team.
• Experience with common development tools such as:
• Git, Visual Studio Code, JIRA
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
Good to have
• 1+ years of professional experience working with MongoDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing datasets.
• Experience with data transformation techniques and data analysis
• Visual scripting languages and Behavior Driven Development practices.
• Experience working with React and unit testing is a big plus
• Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls, SSL a plus
• Experience with continuous integration & deployment pipelines
• Knowledge of test-driven development
• Strong planning skills for proactively monitoring of data-structures to optimize performance.
• Data analysis using tools for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methodology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable and robust tools, tests, and platforms
• Own, extend and maintain automation frameworks, tools, and processes used across studios
• Design and deliver new tools to support development and quality verification goals
• As needed, maintain test libraries and scripts and device testing hardware
• Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community
• Take part in all aspects of the development cycle (daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming)
• Advocate for quality at all times and keep the development team accountable.
• Develop tools and systems in support of testing or development.
• Test your own work and provide reliable, defect-free code that instills confidence in the automation suite
• Help set the technical direction of the team and facilitate productivity improvements to our engineering workflows.
Customer Relationship Management
• Helping in the writing and presenting of our plans by delivering the right message to the stakeholders.
• Continuous, front-line communication with all of our customers on our goals and strategy.
• Document all new procedures, workflows, approaches, and objectives.
• Ability to work fairly independently with minimal outside supervision.
• Task-oriented, able to set realistic goals and work towards successful completion.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change.
• Consistently demonstrate respect for others' roles and contributions.
• Goal-driven achiever with high productivity.
• Ability to see, understand and work within the wider strategic picture.
• Flexible; comfortable in an environment of constant change.