Procedural Software Developer
Montreal, QC CA
Everyone in our industry has a Motive - an idea they want to bring to life, something they've never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. This is what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team's imagination. Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality innovative games to players. What could be better than getting to create the world's next block buster franchise and be part of building a brand-new studio from the ground up? If you are passionate about games and motivated to push your craft further this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Motive, Electronic Arts' newest AAA studio, is seeking a Development Director.
What you'll do:
• Leads multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams to deliver functionality, modules or specific components of a game or post-release content module.
• As a DD, you coordinate Scrum teams to meet their sprint goals, helping to lead and organise resources in planning and tracking their work.
• Works with the Sr Producer and Creative Director to establish and communicate project goals, objectives, plans and milestones to the project team.
• Works with functional managers to continuously manage trade-offs between scope, resources and time during the project lifecycle to deliver AAA games.
• Documents, communicates and administers key project management processes within the project team and across the company.
• Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks; develop effective and achievable mitigation plans for highest risk issues.
• Responsible for the creation of project management documents including status reports, project plans, communications plans, post-mortems and compiling historical information.
• Works with the Sr Producer, Creative Director and team leads in assessing the progress and quality of the project and the ongoing assessment and design of the bug tracking / task management system.
What you bring:
• University degree or graduate of a recognized post secondary program in project management or related discipline.
• Experience running a multidisciplinary team with external dependencies, as part of a large production
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with scheduling resources and managing projects of significant complexity.
• Proven track record in the games industry with at least one shipped AAA game
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!