At EA Romania, fresh ideas and new ways of thinking are always welcome. If you are passionate about games and the games industry, we'd like to talk with you! We are One Team, a diverse, creative and collaborative community of artists and creators united by our shared vision of excellence. We celebrate success and individuality on global and local scales, and believe that the employee experience should be just as amazing as the player experience.
The challenge ahead
The Technical Director will partner with the Technical Leads within several studios and with the local engineering team to create quality technical solutions and a successful adoption of our technology by the users.
On the technology side, you will use technologies and experiences from EA's automation ecosystem and your mission will be to improve machine learning and risk-based testing techniques into our automation practices. Your team will write tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, and advocating for best practices through tools and processes.
You'll need to be a developer with a solid technology background to provide clear vision, mission, and the strategies to build and accomplish quality engineering solutions. You will need to have a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across multiple groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to develop excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you'll improve our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will do:
• Identify process improvement programs to gain efficiencies, cost or quality that impact multiple teams.
• Work with development teams and different partners (partner teams, product teams, users, etc) to refine requirements for development.
• Manage the development plan, schedule, and process for multiple simultaneous projects, including tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities, and costs
• Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners.
• Share knowledge internally. Apply lessons learned by other teams and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
• Establish engineering best practices that allow the team to achieve the assigned projects
• Be the single contact for discipline at the project level, including working with essential external partners, i.e. Studio Tech and Tools, Ops, Platform teams.
• Manage people and career development for leads, and ensuring there is craft leadership for the wider engineering team
• 3+ years in software development/engineering management positions.
• 5+ years in hands-on software development roles.
• You have developed and scaled test automation systems.
• You have gathered and refined use cases and turned them into requirements and designs.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum and knowing how to connect between the iterative-process and high-level programs and milestones.
• Broad knowledge of and experience with web and mobile game development.
What's in for you? Funny that you asked..
• A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips & tricks.
• Cool location in a non-crowded area of Bucharest, very close to the subway (AFI Park).
• Flexible hours (we get it…it's not always easy to get up before the rooster)
• Fresh fruits & a very good coffee
• Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you)
• Additional free days for Christmas - NYE period (Except the bank holidays - some extra vacation time)