EA Create Art is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination. We look for the best in everyone.
What the Technical Artist Co-Op will do:
The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the rest of the TA team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution. Candidates can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
Who You Are:
• Pursuing a bachelor's degree in a related field is desired.
• Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
• Proficient scripting/programming in Python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages, such as Maya and Photoshop. Houdini and Substance Designer/Painter knowledge is a bonus.
• An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
• Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• A Passion for Games!