Customer Success Engineer
Bucharest, RO RO
Who We Are
We are EA FUEL, a division of EA Sports creating high-quality mobile sports games and focusing on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences created to fit the lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Fuel operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
We're now looking for a new Server Engineer to join our team in Bucharest.
As a FUEL server engineer using your server-side technical knowledge and JAVA as the primary development language, you will build new features, enhancing existing ones and troubleshooting issues on the live environment.
You will collaborate with producers, designers, and other engineers to design, implement and deliver dynamic live services. You'll participate in all phases of the software development life cycle and help maintain high standards throughout. You will develop complex and scalable backend services to help ensure an immersive and enjoyable experience for our mobile games.
• Participate in the technical design and implementation of scalable server features and maintain a high-quality standard throughout the software development cycle.
• Participate in the planning process helping with design, estimates and scheduling.
• Investigate and resolve issues during QA testing, pre production, production and from the live environment.
• Work with other studio game teams on software integrations, and the Operations team on releases and deployment of feature updates.
• Report to the Development Director and be under the technical guidance of the Technical Director or Team Lead.
• Sc. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 2+ years' experience developing server/backend applications on the Java platform. Deep knowledge of the Java programming language and exposure to other JVM languages. Knowledge of MySQL, Jetty/Jersey/Apache is expected.
• 2+ years' experience developing database applications, especially MySQL. Experience with other SQL and NoSQL databases, such as AWS RDS is a plus.
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices and methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean).
• Experience with high scalability and load testing frameworks is desirable.
• Exposure to client technologies such as Haxe, Lua, C++ is a plus.
• Experience with source code management such as Git or Perforce.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with good documentation and email communication to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative and distributed team environment.
• Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture powered by creativity and individuality.