Backend Software Engineer
Stockholm, SE SE
Game Designer (Economy)
What does DICE look for?
We are now looking for a Game Designer with special interest in game economy. You will be the champion of economy design on your project. You will report to a Design Craft manager and on your project you will be managed by a lead designer.
You have a passion for games and an understanding of the players and their motivation. So, if you are looking for working with the very best in the industry and in a creative environment, send us your application today!
Essential duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with owners of other parts of the game to ensure the economic systems follow the direction and work in harmony with the game
• Design, implement and balance systems involving economics for scoring, experience, currencies and resources in game.
• Guide technical designers and collaborate with other disciplines if your design needs support from other crafts
• Keep constructive discussions with producers, marketing and analytics department. Adjusting design to try to hit Goals for the organization.
• Care about the player journey from beginner to master and beyond, always looking for what to do to engage
• Establish virtual products. Consult and design monetization features.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Understanding of AAA titles for consoles in the action or FPS genre
• Good understanding of the player, play style personas and their motivation
• Proven skills in economic design for games.
• SQL & Python knowledge is a plus
• Excellent skills in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and analytics
• Excellent documentation skills
• Knowledge in trending Monetization and F2P designs
• Understanding how system design affects KPIs, in terms of relations and causation
Experience & Qualities Sought:
• Relevant education and diploma (Game Design, Economics, Analytics. etc)
• 2 + years of Design Experience
• 1 + years working with engagement design
• Understand current trends in gaming and in particular engagement mechanics in the Shooter genre
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and crossfit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees' with pension; ITP 1 or ITP2.
Although we enjoy working at DICE, we value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
EA promotes diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Apply online with a resume and cover letter. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.