Guildford, EN GB
Concept Artist (6 month contract)
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Concept Artist does at Criterion
We are looking for an experienced Concept Artist to join our team creating inspiring images, visual problem solving and translating our Art Director's vision into pictures.
You will use your expertise to create images of inspiring gameplay moments, descriptive environments and engaging characters. You should be able to actively collaborate and communicate with stakeholders to query and confirm direction and brief. You must be able to take feedback positively and thrive working in a team.
A Concept Artist needs:
• Understanding of all areas of concept art including environments & characters, with a clear aptitude for illustration.
• In depth understanding of photoshop, knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software.
• Design knowledge including composition, perspective and colour theory.
• Passion for games with a knowledge of the industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• A portfolio showing relevant Artwork
We're based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
• More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site