Development Director QV
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea, to reality. We're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Instead, we choose to prioritize innovation through experimentation, and creativity through fun. Motive provides a safe, trusting and empowering environment where everyone feels supported to make brave decisions and to take these creative jumps. Curious about what the future of games could look like? Great, so are we.
What the Lead Tools Developer will do at Motive:
• Oversee and drive our Tools & Workflows strategy in collaboration with technical artists and software engineers.
• Develop efficient and scalable workflows that enable the most innovative open world games.
• Partner and communicate with technical leads, team leads and technical directors to deliver adapted solutions in time.
• Assess project risks and identify key dependencies during design and planning.
• Work with EA's central tech teams to co-develop shareable tech for the game team to integrate against.
• Ensure the creation of technical and user documentation
• Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other rendering engineers.
• Promote and support software development best practices and standards
Who You Are:
• Bsc. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 8+ years of professional C#/C++ experience, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development
• Experience shipping AAA Open World Titles
• Experience with Tools development
• Strong Knowledge of UI Frameworks such as the WPF Framework
• Experience working with Build Systems and automated delivery
• High standards of work and desire to meet and exceed expectations
• Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
• Passion for making games look and play great
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.