Burbank, CA US
Deluxe, a wholly owned subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
We currently have an opening for a Project Manager, Japanese Subtitling Operations. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Manage subtitling work for titles which require Japanese subtitles and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and strictly respecting the deadlines and the specifications set by the studios.
• Oversee all aspects of projects
• Answer questions from Client Services team, Freelancers, in-territory vendors and the territory client contacts in a timely and professional manner
• Communicate in Japanese with territory client contacts and in-territory vendors using proper Japanese business communication style
• Ensure correct work requests and rates are applied per client purchase orders
• Liaise with Client Services team, vendors and territory affiliates regarding project status and requirements, obtaining and circulating all necessary information
• Interpret incoming details of film aspect ratios and video monitors to ensure proper delivery of subtitle files to designated post-production houses
• Perform final checks and conversions following Client specifications including time code offsets to ensure subtitle/video synchronization; correct content, positioning and timing errors found during subtitle final checks
• Coordinate redeliveries and rejections, filtering through the QC reports and respective emails to determine which comments are valid
• Have a working knowledge of client-specific subtitle guidelines and ensure that clients' expectations are met at all times
• Escalate if any order is in jeopardy for being full filled on time
• Coach, mentor and develop Project Coordinators
• Use your initiative to deal with issues as they arise
• Must be able to forecast, assign and load balance work with accuracy
• Ensure freelancers' billing
• Work with the Senior Manager to recruit, interview, select and hire an appropriate number of freelance translators and QCers.
• Additional duties as required
• Japanese native speaker with fluent written and spoken English
• 3+ years post-production, project management or translation industry experience required
• BA degree in Communications / Translation / Arts
• Ability to communicate clearly in English and Japanese with a high degree of professionalism
• Strong technical skills
• Computer oriented, sound knowledge of MS Office suite, Canvass knowledge an asset
• Multi-task oriented
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Organized, priority-focused, dynamic, independent, resourceful
• Must also be able to work independently and take ownership of projects
• Team player and Team Building Skills
• Responds well under pressure of deadlines
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site