Deluxe, a wholly owned subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
We currently have an opening for a Project Coordinator, Japanese Subtitling Operations. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
Project Coordinator, Japanese Subtitling Operations
• Coordinate subtitling work for titles which require Japanese subtitles and ensure that all projects are delivered on time, strictly respecting the deadlines and the specifications set by the studios
• Answer questions from Client Services team and the territories in a timely and professional manner
• Communicate in Japanese with territory client contacts and in-territory vendors using proper Japanese business communication style
• Ensure correct work requests and rates are applied per client purchase orders
• Liaise with Client Services team, vendors and territory affiliates regarding project status and requirements, obtaining and circulating all necessary information
• Interpret incoming details of film aspect ratios and video monitors to ensure proper delivery of subtitle files to designated post-production houses
• Perform final checks and conversions following Client specifications including time code offsets to ensure subtitle/video synchronization; correct content, positioning and timing errors found during subtitle final checks
• Perform EQC with check discs for the Fox client as needed as part of regular tasks
• Coordinate redeliveries and rejections, filtering through the QC reports and respective emails to determine which comments are valid
• Have a working knowledge of client-specific subtitle guidelines and ensure that clients' expectations are met at all times
• Additional duties as required
• Japanese native speaker with fluent written and spoken English
• BA degree in Communications / Translation / Arts
• Ability to communicate clearly in English and Japanese with a high degree of professionalism
• Strong technical skills
• Computer oriented, sound knowledge of MS Office suite, Canvass knowledge an asset
• Multi-task oriented
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Organized, priority-focused, dynamic, independent, resourceful
• Team player
• Responds well under pressure of deadlines
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.