Interface Designer - NHL
UI Artist (Apex Legends)
We're looking for a highly skilled UI Artist to join the Respawn Vancouver studio working on Apex Legends.
We are looking for someone who will embrace and contribute to our team culture and share his/her hard-earned expertise to create the art for user interfaces and experiences for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about UI design and presentation, and who can create the ''artwork'' to help guide our players through attractive but clear menus and options to create a seamless, easy to navigate gaming experience.
What the UI Artist does at EA:
• Works with the team to deliver on an innovative, attractive and functional user experience.
• Build and maintains the UI art style guide in line with the vision, ensuring UI delivers a consistent and immersive gaming experience to our players.
• Works closely with the UI Engineers to implement UI features.
• Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction.
• Creation of required art assets (icons etc.)
The next great UI Artist also needs:
• 5+ years of professional industry UI experience.
• A strong portfolio with examples of finished UI work and insight into your development process.
• You are a passionate gamer and have an understanding of what is best in class UI across multiple genres.
• A passion for visual problem solving and taking ownership & responsibility.
• Adept with standard art tools of the trade and experience with animating motion graphics.
• Experience using usability research as a basis for iteration.
• Excellent communicator and collaborator who loves to work with programmers, designers, and other artists.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.