Technical Director, Lighting Tech
• Responsible for lighting and compositing sequences and shots within the designated film style, under the guidance of the Lighting Director of Photography and the Lighting Leads
• Translate reference materials; color scripts, art and photo reference, continuity, into final imagery.
• Identify needs for tools and processes, and work with Lighting Leads to implement or find workarounds.
• Collaborate with and participate in creative and technical discussions with team members and other departments
• Work with Lightspeed to optimize shot work
• Experience in Katana, Nuke, Renderman and high-end 3D production pipeline
• Production experience with 3D lighting and compositing
• Strong eye for color, composition and lighting design
• Experience with scene management, complex setups and lights
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Python scripting, C++, and other coding languages is a plus
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site