Technical Director, Lighting Tech
• Responsible for lighting and compositing sequences and shots within the designated film style, under the guidance of the Lighting Director of Photography and the Lighting Leads
• Translate reference materials; color scripts, art and photo reference, continuity, into final imagery.
• Identify needs for tools and processes, and work with Lighting Leads to implement or find workarounds.
• Collaborate with and participate in creative and technical discussions with team members and other departments
• Work with Lightspeed to optimize shot work
• Experience in Katana, Nuke, Renderman and high-end 3D production pipeline
• Production experience with 3D lighting and compositing
• Strong eye for color, composition and lighting design
• Experience with scene management, complex setups and lights
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Python scripting, C++, and other coding languages is a plus
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation.