Data Engineer, Analytics Solutions
Vancouver, BC CA
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Developer Relations role is the primary contact between game development teams and the EA digital platform (EADP) team. This involves helping the game development teams understand the technical capabilities of the centrally developed platforms, and helping the digital platform groups understand the needs, schedules, issues, and strategic goals of the game teams. As the game development teams integrate the EA digital platforms, you will manage those relationships to ensure long-term success of EA.
• Work with online engineers, live producers, and designers on individual titles to understand their game design and resulting tech needs
• Map game needs to EADP products and escalate gaps/feature requests to the Strategic Planning team
• Be knowledgeable about all EADP products to the point where you can:
• Understand core concepts to use the product
• Represent all EADP products to game studios including:
• Core concepts around the platform offerings
• Onboarding flow
• Support and engagement models and POCs
• Teach other Dev Rel about an EADP product
• Demo the product (if applicable)
• Be a trusted Contact for game teams in all EADP-related matters:
• Guide game teams through EADP product onboarding flows
• Provide initial support when customers don't know what the next steps are and route and escalate to resolution
• Manage the support status for the account: monitor age and severity of open issues, follow up on overdue responses
• Capture and share across Dev Rel/accounts to maintain a list of top issues and advocate for solutions
• Review and assess the onboarding flow (which includes: documentation, onboarding process, and Service level agreements) of new/updated EADP products before they are released to customers
• Maintaining key account information per title (i.e. key contacts, game SKUs/platforms, milestone dates, usage projections, committed tech adoptions)
• Maintain game project status as it related to EADP (i.e. Orbit, Gate reviews, WSR)
• Represent EADP in game-related meetings (i.e. Launch Readiness, Gate Reviews)
You will bring experience in software development coupled with business/product management, working with enterprise platforms. Alternatively, a candidate would have experience working in online platforms with a combination of project management and systems integration. Game development experience or a passion for gaming desired.
• 4+ years of experience working in technical product management, project management, or software development or deployment.
• You are comfortable communicating across the spectrum; from executives to engineers
• You are flexible, agile adaptable and enjoy new situations
• You are tenacious, and persistent
• BS or BA degree in computer science or related field is desirable