Audio Software Engineer - NHL
Vancouver, BC CA
Sports Analytics – FIFA Ultimate Team
What EA Sports does:
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading video games including FIFA Soccer, Madden NFL football, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, UFC, and more. For more information about EA SPORTS including news, video, blogs, and forums, visit www.easports.com.
What you'll do on our team:
As a Data Analyst working within the FIFA Analytics group, your main focus will be on FIFA Ultimate Team, working closely with the live product & content teams along with colleagues in analytics around the world. We're looking for a thoughtful, curious person with a passion for diving into data to uncover insights and understand how our players are engaging with Ultimate Team to help guide content design, campaign execution strategies, and campaign performance monitoring. You'll not only be a data explorer and modeler, but also a storyteller and influencer, driving the company to create extraordinary gaming experiences for our players.
Examples of projects you may work on include: assessing campaign content impact, reporting on content performance, projecting engagement & spend patterns, and tuning mode features and player rewards.
What a Data Analyst does at EA:
• Develop strategic insights to help our partners make informed decisions about campaign planning, execution and monitoring.
• Receive questions from our partners, determine the best ways that our data can help answer them, and provide those insights through dashboards, reports, or presentations.
• Explore player behaviour patterns in our data to identify opportunities to improve the player experience.
• Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content and campaigns will affect our performance.
• Present analyses and findings to our partners in a clear, understandable, and actionable way.
• Become an expert in live content strategies and campaigns.
What we're looking for:
• A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Analytics or a related field
• 2+ years of experience in an analytics role using data to help guide decisions, preferably in a consumer products-oriented industry (e.g. gaming, entertainment, e-commerce)
• Excellent SQL querying skills
• Proficiency analyzing large datasets in a spreadsheet program (e.g. Excel, Sheets) or in a programmatic analysis tool (e.g. Python, R)
• Experience with data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, R Shiny)
• Experience in statistical modeling (e.g. multivariate regression, clustering, predictive modeling) is a plus
• Passion for games or sports is a plus