Development and Release Software Engineer
Stockholm, SE SE
We are DICE
DICE games don't just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a DICE experience than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they're in the hands of gamers worldwide. Global Analytics at DICE is looking for a Senior Analyst to lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to improve growth and operational excellence within the Battlefield franchise.
This is a unique role that combines video games, big data and analytical thinking. You'll be based in the DICE office in Stockholm Sweden, working closely with the Design, Development, Marketing, Operations, and Live Teams, as well as Analytics team members around the world. You will guide decision-making insights, analytic solutions and experiments to action.
• Partner with analysts and live producers to identify strategic business questions, key metrics, and applicable insights.
• Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and applicable product insights.
• Improve needle moving improvements through hands-on exploration of data, dashboards, statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
• Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders, to clearly communicate your strategic findings and recommendations.
• Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for leadership.
• Stay up to date with industry trends and creative developments.
WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT:
• You have a passion for games and a curiosity for understanding how things work.
• You have relevant, hands on experience, preferably in gaming, entertainment, digital products or live service software.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to craft and deliver the right message to the right audience.
• Excellent, advanced SQL skills: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets.
• Build automated and sustainable features using a statistical software package, such as Python/Pandas, R, Hadoop, Spark, SAS or Stata.
• Tell stories through data visualization, using data viz tools, such as Dundas BI, Power BI or Tableau
• You're meticulous, you carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you achieve accurate and clear analysis and reports, even when confronted by subtle data complications.
• You experiment to test hypotheses and find new opportunities to explore data to improve the consumer experience, improve the product, and improve product engagement.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? GLAD YOU ASKED!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
The position is Stockholm-based and permanent, and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply with a combined CV and cover letter in English stating ''Why I want to work for DICE''.