Business Analyst Co-Op
Vancouver, BC CA
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Intern Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing web applications and services for a digital distribution platform, which means working with a diverse team to improve workflows for both internal and external customers, while always keeping an eye on quality and innovation. As part of the broader software engineering group you will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of EA Still Creek in Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA's subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA's games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that ''we see farther'', and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a proven track record for:
• Delivering quality solutions using web technologies
• Being a strong team player, focused on delivering results as a team
• Finding your way. You've got experience that helps you work and thrive in a cross-functional organization
• Being scrappy. You're comfortable with a fast-paced, always changing, agile environment.
• Understanding your strengths. You're a solid communicator with a demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate, and engage stakeholders effectively.
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of critical thinking and communication skills that translate to asking the right questions to solve challenging problems
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• Familiar with agile software development cycle and Scrum ceremonies
• Experience with front-end development or UX is a bonus
• Enthusiasm for gaming, web applications, and cloud computing desired; ability to stay current on industry trends a big plus
In a typical week, the intern software engineer could be…
• Meeting with the product owner to identify and understand requirements
• Designing and implementing solutions for a large-scale digital distribution platform
• Participating in code reviews
• Writing automated tests, and building and maintaining our continuous integration and deployment pipeline
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization to build a high performance software development team through feedback and learning