What EA Sports does:
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading video games including FIFA soccer, Madden NFL football, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, UFC, and more.
What you'll do on our team:
As a Senior Analyst working within the FIFA Analytics team, your main focus will be on FIFA's Ultimate Team mode and its in-game economy, working primarily with the live content group along with a diverse set of colleagues in analytics around the world. We're looking for a thoughtful, curious person with a passion for diving into data to uncover insights and understand how our players are engaging with Ultimate Team. Your analysis will help ensure that its economy remains well-balanced as new content is continually introduced into the in-game market, so that players of all types can find success and enjoyment in the mode. You'll not only be a data explorer and modeler, but also a storyteller and influencer, driving insights that spur bold decisions for FUT's development team.
Examples of projects you may work on include: establishing the key set of metrics that the team will use to assess the ongoing health of the in-game economy; performing analysis to determine what's driving those metrics into healthy vs. unhealthy states; creating models to predict the value of new content being introduced into the in-game market, and the impact that its introduction will have on Ultimate Team and its players.
What a Senior Analyst will do on our team:
• Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content and campaigns will affect the in-game economy, its performance, and our players.
• Develop strategic insights to help our partners make informed decisions about Ultimate Team campaign and content planning, execution and monitoring.
• Receive questions from our partners, determine the best ways that our data can help answer them, and provide those insights through dashboards, reports, or presentations.
• Explore player behaviour patterns in our data to identify opportunities to improve the player experience.
• Present analyses and findings to our partners in a clear, understandable, and actionable way.
• Become an expert in live content strategies and campaigns.
What we're looking for:
• A bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, or a related field at a minimum; a master's degree in one of these fields is a significant plus
• 5+ years of experience in an analytics role using data to help guide decisions, preferably in a consumer products-oriented industry (e.g. gaming, e-commerce); experience with practical applications of economic analysis is a significant plus
• Excellent SQL querying skills
• Proficiency analyzing large datasets in both a spreadsheet program (e.g. Excel, Sheets) and in a programmatic analysis tool (e.g. Python, R)
• Experience in practical applications of statistical modeling (e.g. multivariate regression, predictive modeling, clustering, machine learning)
• Familiarity with use of data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, R Shiny)
• Passion for games or sports