Lead Game Security Product Manager
Vancouver, BC CA
NHL - Development Director (Temporary)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is like that.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
To be a successful, you need experience in the following:
• Build and evolve effective team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Build and maintain working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
• Provide line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team
• Maintain regular communication with project team and coordinate dependencies with external partners
• Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements
• Establish and assign task objectives from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
• Proactively assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope
• Partner with production to manage scope and quality
• Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
• Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
• Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
• 4 years project management or team leadership experience;
• Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
• Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
• Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site