Senior Quality Analyst
Guildford, EN GB
Audio Software Engineer (Criterion)
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our accomplished people have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game, so we don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
What an Audio Software Engineer does at Criterion
We're looking for a junior Software Engineer to be a part of Criterion's experienced Audio Team. You will be someone with an interest in audio and you will be involved in all aspects of game development, from C# tools to C++ pipeline and run-time features, through to lower level engineering and optimisation using threading and platform-specific features. The Audio Software Engineer will create creative technology to enhance the experience for our fans, whatever their listening setup.
Working with the audio design team, you will be involved in features such as recreating the sound of vehicle engines, exhausts and tyres, or things like police sirens and collisions. You will work with game designers and content editors to ensure that audio forms are part of the gameplay experience.
You Will Need
• Experience of C++ programming
• Some knowledge of C#
• Experience creating games or prototypes in a game engine (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
• A passion for games, and a desire to create high-quality AAA titles that millions of people want to play
Bonus Points For
• Knowledge of audio and acoustic concepts
• Experience with digital audio file formats
• An understanding of signal processing mathematics, such as FFT
• Interest in spatial sound, e.g. headphone technologies and HRTFs
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
• Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
• Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
• Extras like employee discounts, rail season ticket loan, free games.
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
• Casual dress code
We're based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
• More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site