We are seeking an individual to fill a Quality Designer role on one of our teams in Sports. This position will require you to provide oversight of our quality strategies and processes as well as defining best practices for our analyst family in conjunction with our leadership team. You will partner directly with the Lead Producer to align on the short and long-term vision for the product services, provide leadership to Associate Quality Designers and others on the QA team and oversee the entire quality plan for the Quality Assurance (QA) operations.
The successful applicant will be an essential contributor to our Automation/Technology efforts by working with the Quality Verification & Development team to identify opportunities to leverage technology in the testing process.
Once the technology solution is identified, you will work with our Quality Engineering partners to define user acceptance tests which ensure the end product meets the stated requirements. With the completed technology, you will be responsible for deploying the technology to the Quality Verification team for adoption and supporting the team in using the tools properly.
Your role will improve the existing test methods and open up new capabilities for the entire team. As a Quality Designer you will be an important part of driving quality in our products. The work you do will improve the quality process and capabilities of the entire group.
What the Quality Designer will do at EA:
• Develop and build working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by driving a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
• Propose, provide, and drive solutions to problems with minimal supervision from senior leadership/management.
• End to end review of quality strategy.
• End to end review and audit of the test plan.
• Support identification of technical solutions and automation opportunities.
• Understand current process and workflow – drive improvements and knowledge sharing across both the sports and global QA teams.
• Effectively report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other stakeholders.
• Works closely with console manufacture reps – communicate design/feature implementation.
• Mentor/coaching analysts and other individual contributors.
Who you are:
• Multiple years of relevant work experience – entertainment software; game development, film, etc.
• The ability to critically evaluate design, art and economy that influence player behavior.
• A passion for games with a player first mentality.
• Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
• Experience working in an embedded, integrated product team
• Create and execute the Quality Verification Tech Plan on products
• Gather requests from product stakeholders
• Partner with the Quality Engineers to define requirements for each request
• Define user acceptance tests for created tools/scripts
• Roll out all tools/scripts to the team to support adoption & course correct, as necessary
• Create and track key performance indicators to ensure project success
• Drive the embedded Automation team to review daily results
• Partner with the Development team to identify and resolve dependencies
• Multiple years experienced as a game analyst
• Experience working in an upstream/embedded Quality Verification model
• Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and report on tasks towards meeting deadlines
• Experienced coordinating & prioritizing tasks with partners
• Experienced with agile/scrum software development
• Experience partnering with design team from concept to final
• Experience working in a game development model (i.e. sprints, milestones and finaling)
• Understands development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
• Experienced with automation frameworks
• Have the ability to plan and communicate technical/automation requirements and potential ROI to stakeholders (has demonstrated in past)
• Experienced with the auditing of defects, results, etc.
• Basic dashboard creation and maintenance proficiency with Power BI/Excel