Manager, Business Continuity Engagement
Vancouver, BC CA
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will collaborate along side a team of other accomplished developers, delivering complex development projects for internal systems across a variety of products and technologies.
You will be challenged across several creative projects and responsibilities, including the opportunity to influence the future direction of the department and systems used across the business.
To apply for this role, you will have a strong technical capability and a proven track record in software development/ data engineering. You are motivated and experienced in taking responsibility and being on point for both departmental and business projects.
• Design, model and maintain data sets to support reporting analytics and exploratory analysis
• Can understand and contribute to the technical solution from design through to code level
• Contribute to technical design and ongoing development of our custom ETL solutions and analytics platforms, and help improve overall design and delivery standards
• Work with big data developers to build scalable and supportable infrastructure
• Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
• Recommend and support the implementation available and latest big data technologies
• Participate in reviews and meetings
• Recommend ways to improve data, efficiency and quality
• Work with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals
• Contribute to post implementation reviews demonstrating success
• Work on multiple projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes
• We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• Should also have experience using the following software/tools:
• Experience with big data tools including: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Storm and Impala
• Experience with relational query authoring (SQL) and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow
• Experience with AWS cloud services: ECS, EKS, EMR, RDS, ELB, and Docker
• Experience with Snowflake
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, C#, SQL, NoSql and SnowSQL
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and scalable 'big data' data stores
• Experience working with unstructured datasets
• Experience performing root cause analysis on all data and processes to answer specific fiscal questions while identifying opportunities for improvement
• Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases, data warehouses and data lakes.
• Experience with database optimization, data replication, database recovery and performance tuning.
• Excellent personal organization
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site