Associate Quality Designer
Montreal, QC CA
Game Balance Specialist ( This is a 6-month to 12-month Part-Time contract position )
***Interested applicants, please include the following information in your application***
• Contact info (Name, e-mail, phone #)
• A summary with less than 200 words stating why you feel qualified for this position
• A screenshot of your player profile in core games you play
Who You Are:
Games are an important part of your life and you are highly passionate about them!
You have great interest in the games you play; you want others to love these games as much as you do and want to provide the best gameplay experience for all types of players. You are thoughtful and analytical about the games you play and have many ideas about how they could be improved.
If making a game the best it can possibly be is a passion of yours - this is the position for you!
What The Role Is:
As a Game Balance Specialist, you will work closely with our development team providing valuable feedback on new games we are making. Due to the sensitive nature of the work, the contract will be under strict NDA and IP protection, and all the work will be done in the studio. Duration of the contract will range from 40 to 120 hours a month for 6-12 months, depending on the needs of a game team. A minimum of 10 hours of work a week will be scheduled with the schedule going up to a maximum of 40 hours a week. Locations, where these roles are open, include Montreal, Vancouver, Seattle and Austin.
• Assess our game(s), evaluating game balance, progression, and new features. Some of your goals include assessing gameplay while keeping in mind different player profiles and evaluating features' fun, difficulty, and quality from their perspective, ensuring the metagame is always fun, engaging, and balanced.
• Assess competitive products and do both qualitative and quantitative teardowns of the features and balance of those games and evaluate against the new features in our game(s)
• Written and Verbal Communication
• • Communicate information clearly and concisely. Engage in discussions and make compelling and supported arguments
• • Work with little direction and supervision
• Initiative & Resourcefulness
• • Seek out and take on new tasks. Identify, analyze and resolve issues independently
• Work Ethic & Level of Effort
• • Demonstrate interest, focus, and high level of effort in work
• • Deliver work and results at or above time expectations
• Time Management & Prioritization
• • Understand priorities and organize time around these. Recognize when support is needed to prioritize work and/or offload work
• • Microsoft Office: Excel documents and PowerPoint presentations
• Strong engagement in one of our several game communities is a plus
• 18 years of age or older
• This position requires being onsite in Montreal, Vancouver, Seattle and/or Austin
*This is a 6-month to 12-month (Part-Time) contract position
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Any trouble with your application send it to email@example.com