Web Developer - FIFA
EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
What the Senior Software Engineer will do:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will identify global problems, propose solutions, write software and lead the building of technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient in all aspects of asset creation; all with an eye towards common, scalable solutions that work across all groups and titles. The EA Create Tools and Technology team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life.
• Solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of tools, pipeline and workflow development , with experience of game runtime implementation
• Lead the investigation of problem spaces, risks and considerations across multiple domains and toolsets, in partnership with Product Owners and customers (i.e. artists and engineers)
• Work with those customers to develop user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
• Gather user requirements across large efforts that span multiple teams, locations and disciplines
• Use leading-edge and pioneering work to grow EA's technologies
• Mentor junior team members in engineering practices
• Report to your people manager within our Development Director team, with a dotted line into our technical directors for any concern, risks, and successes of the projects you are on
Required Skills and Experience
• Expertise of C++ utilized in large-scale and highly performant projects, with experience in multi-threading and systems programming
• Working knowledge in C# development and experience in WPF
• 8+ years of experience in tool development, that may include content creation packages, digital capture, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters or automated content/data build systems
• Experience architecting and developing large-scale design
• Promote code quality through unit-testing, code-review and automation
• Understand and improve workflow to enhance team productivity
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and hands-on experience
• Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity
• Experience offering support and guidance to creative audience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience with audio
• Experience with Digital Audio Workstations
• Experience working in game development
• Experience with large-scale build systems and concept
• Experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g. MBUnit, NUnit)
What's in it for you? Glad you asked! (CANADA)
• We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site