Director, Experience Design
Concept Artist (13 months contract)
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea, to reality. We're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Instead, we choose to prioritize innovation through experimentation, and creativity through fun. Motive provides a safe, trusting and empowering environment where everyone feels supported to make brave decisions and to take these creative jumps. Curious about what the future of games could look like? Great, so are we.
Motive, Electronic Arts' newest AAA studio, is seeking a Senior Concept Artist to visualize creative ideas and create concept art for our games.
What the next great Concept Artist will do at Motive:
You will work closely with our Art Director at Motive to create character, object and environment art from quick roughs through color comps toward final quality art and model sheets. You will contribute to the developing art style and realizing the artistic vision for Motive's games:
• Work closely with the Art Director and Production Artists to create a cast of believable characters and immersive game environments
• Create a wide variety of additional concepts including creature design, hard surface props, and vehicles
• Design original concepts that fit within the project style guide
• Translate high level ideas into production-ready art packets
• Maintain a high level of quality art, while providing a variety of ideas
• Provide in depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
• Create lighting schemes and color palettes that capture the tone of the world
• Create storyboards and dynamic keyframes that illustrate the story and/or gameplay
• Experience with Photoshop and a 3D software.
• 3+ years of experience.
• An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design.
• Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design.
• The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments.
• Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
• A passion for games.
• Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks -- modeling, texturing, animation.
• Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist.
• Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration.
• A passion for developing online games.
• Fine Art background.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.