Server-side Software Engineer (Java)
Server-Side Software Engineer (Java) for Electronic Arts Finland
The Electronic Arts' Tracktwenty Studio in Helsinki, Finland is seeking new talented people to join their team. Tracktwenty is the developer of the hugely successful mobile title SimCity BuildIt. To date SimCity BuildIt has been played by more than 200 million gamers around the world and received multiple awards like the Best of Apple 2015. Now the studio is working on a new exciting title. Do you want to be part of the next big success on mobile?
We're looking for a talented and dedicated Server-Side Software Engineer who will thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing development and live service environment. As a Server-Side Software Engineer within the Tracktwenty Studio you'll work as part of the experienced team on the development with a focus on designing, building and deploying highly scalable server architectures for connected functionality for games.
• Responsible for backend software development that supports mobile games integrated connectivity (iOS, Android)
• Work with core backend services and database layer communications.
• Take ownership of large features from conception to delivery.
• Define technical requirements, write technical design specifications.
• Identify communication risks and work to mitigate them.
• Implement and maintain telemetry reporting systems.
• Develop optimized services.
• Profile and optimize software components of the application.
• Collaborate with other engineers to integrate these systems and services.
• Testing, debugging and support of all code written – writing unit and integration tests.
• You will have knowledge of server-side programming languages with fluency in Java.
• Experience with database design and usage in scalable systems. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL such as Redis and MongoDB are all a plus.
• Experience in AWS EC2/ECS or other cloud platforms.
• Familiarity with RESTful Web services.
• Knowledge of *nix in a server environment, and the impact of system configuration and settings on application software is required.
• Knowledge of source code management in a collaborative environment.
• Understanding of professional software development methodologies, QA and testing approaches.l.
• Experience developing using Java Spring Boot is a plus.
• Experience developing on iOS or Android architectures, including online connectivity a plus.
• Experience using automated testing, unit testing, or Configuration Management processes.
• Experience using Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law