Software Engineer (C++, Lua)
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We're looking for talented and dedicated Software Engineers/Programmers to join us in developing AAA mobile games. You will collaborate with other creative developers and report to a lead engineer. We have multiple roles available for this position!
• Programming games using C++ and Lua
• You'll write and implement tools for creation of mobile device applications using C#
• Programming within all areas of game development, including:
• Math and 3D graphics
• Game engines
• User interface
• Special effects
Skills and Experience
• 3-6 years of experience in Software Engineering in the gaming industry
• Excellent C++ skills
• Value working with a schedule
• Work with and extend existing code
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work/portfolio experience
• Programming experience in the games industry would be advantageous
• Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
• Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
• Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
• Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
• Stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
• Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.