Software Development Manager
We are EA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content, and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
The Challenge Ahead
We are a group of Site Reliability Engineers who work with multiple teams to provide online services that enhance the game experience. We support a multi-billion-dollar video game ecosystem and multiple non-development teams within EA – our portfolio is wide. Our environments are challenged by marketing promotions, game launches, and security threats. We are passionate about automation and quality in what we do.
Who We Are
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. As Site Reliability Engineers our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from helping the developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and troubleshooting. We focus on automation and continuous integration/delivery with an emphasis on solving operations issues using software, ensuring that everything we provide is efficient and supportable. Our responsibilities include:
• Establish monitoring, alerting and dashboarding to improve observability of player experience, infrastructure and application performance, and business metrics
• Hands-on design, analysis, development and troubleshooting of distributed large-scale cloud-based production systems
• Preemptively create stability, security, and performance improvements
• Make sure every service is tuned for high-availability, disaster recovery and cost
• Maintain security standards across everything we support
• Produce documentation, run books, and support tooling for online support teams
• Someone who communicates well with people across dozens of teams and practices
• An engineer with a devotion to automation, and an eye for efficiency
• An engineer with development experience who has improved operations with code
• Lead the example of engineering quality with testing, teaching and a team-minded attitude
• Knowledgeable with system, storage, networking, security and databases
• Experience monitoring infrastructure and application availability and reliability
• An understanding of *nix is mandatory (RHEL and Debian preferred)
• Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, the OSI Model, subnetting and load balancing strategies
• Automation and orchestration, such as Chef, Terraform, Packer, or Gitlab
• Experience in languages such as: Python, Bash, Java, C#, Go, C/C++; skills in reading, understanding and writing code in the same
• Virtualization, containerization and cloud computing: AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure, VMWare ecosystem, Kubernetes (preferred), Docker
What's in it for you? Glad you Asked!
At EA/DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees' with occupational pension.
We thought you might also like to know...
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a CV in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site