Principal Software Engineer
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
Who We Are
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. As Site Reliability Engineers our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from helping the developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and troubleshooting. We focus on automation and continuous integration/delivery with an emphasis on solving operations issues using software, ensuring that everything we provide is efficient and supportable.
• Establish monitoring, alerting and dash-boarding to improve observability of player experience, infrastructure and application performance, and business metrics
• Hands-on design, analysis, development and troubleshooting of distributed large-scale cloud-based production systems
• Preemptively create stability, security, and performance improvements
• Make sure every service is tuned for high-availability, disaster recovery and cost
• Maintain security standards across everything we support
• Produce documentation, run books, and support tooling for online support teams
• 5+ years of experience as an engineer with development experience who has improved operations with code
• Someone who communicates well with people across dozens of teams and practices
• An engineer with a devotion to automation, and an eye for efficiency
• Lead the example of engineering quality with testing, teaching and a team-minded attitude
• Knowledgeable with system, storage, networking, security and databases
• Experience monitoring infrastructure and application stability
• An understanding of *nix is mandatory, with a preference towards RHEL and Debian
• Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, the OSI Model, subnetting and load balancing strategies
• Automation and orchestration, such as Chef, Terraform, Packer, or Gitlab
• Experience in languages such as: Python, Bash, Java, C#, Go, C/C++; skills in reading, understanding and writing code in the same
• Virtualization, containerization and cloud computing: AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure, VMWare ecosystem, Kubernetes (preferred), Docker
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Program Manager - Technical Operations
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
What's in it for you? Glad you Asked!
At EA/DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees' with occupational pension.
We thought you might also like to know...
This is a permanent position, and as part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. Apply online with a CV in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.