Senior Character Artist
Insomniac Games is hiring for an enthusiastic Environment Artist responsible for creating game worlds by modeling/sculpting assets from high res to in game, authoring textures and materials and in-editor level composition and layout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Creates organic and hard-surface assets from a style guide with or without concept art
• Takes assets through the full modeling/texturing production pipeline
• Sculpts, high poly, low poly, High poly to low poly bakes
• Optimizes textures and geometry; creates LOD's
• Creates modular kits
• Material assignment and texture creation
• Set dresses with modular assets in-editor within scope of the project's metrics and rules.
• Works independently and actively communicates with production teams as needed
• Maintains performance requirements for levels (memory, framerate, draw calls, instances)
• Scopes levels for on-time milestone delivery
• Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Environment Artist
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent foundations skills, including composition, design, and color theory.
• Strong traditional painting skills, ability to create models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized.
• Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
• Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
• Is passionate about games and understands the goals of level design.
• Knowledge of Maya and of baking low poly models with high poly models.
• Proficient in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of sculpting with ZBrush.
• Understanding of at least one industry-leading level editor.
• Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
• Houdini knowledge a plus.
If this is the opportunity that you have been looking for, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application below. Thanks!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site