AI Software Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
As an Online Software Engineer, you will help build our networked play development team – whether that be in our online career mode, ultimate team, or core online systems and protocols. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. We are a creative group, so we value collaboration with creative and design.
What You Will Do:
• Work with design to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
• Achieve tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts our performance and memory budgets.
• Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
Who You Are:
• Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
• Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Experience with networking fundamentals, protocols, client/server topologies, and server infrastructure
• Experience with SQL databases, with special consideration to database and query design.
• 3 years Experience with C++.
• Understanding of scripting languages (Python, Lua) Or C#.
• Understanding of Java.
• Experience in client/server environments.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation & benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join a winning team?
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site