Procedural Software Developer
Montreal, QC CA
Everyone in our industry has a Motive - an idea they want to bring to life, something they've never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. This is what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team's imagination. Motive is a new creative-driven studio, led by a team of industry veterans, Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality innovative games to players. What could be better than getting to create the world's next block buster franchise and be part of building a brand new studio from the ground up? If you are passionate about games and motivated to push your craft further this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
What the Technical Architect will do at Motive:
We strongly believe that tailoring the role for the individual but tasks might include:
• Define a cohesive technology vision to meet the needs of an ambitious new IP at EA
• Maintain a technology map to ensure the interoperability and synergy of systems
• Evaluate existing technology and identify improvements across the engine, pipeline and tools to meet the needs of the project
• Balance internal technology investments with solutions provided through middleware
• Identify KPI and reporting mechanisms to evaluate the health of the game's technology
• Keep a forward looking mindset to identify both opportunities and challenges presented by upcoming technological advancements
• In collaboration with Technical Directors, proactively maintain a registry of technical risks and mitigations
• Collaborate with creative staff to identify innovative technical solutions that satisfy design needs
• Contribute to the technical documentation of key systems, tools and best practice
• Along with Technical Leads, review and approve technical design authored by the wider tech team
Who You Are:
• Extensive experience in senior technical roles on the production of large scale, high-quality games
• Proven experience building scalable, stable, and secure architectures, ideally in a live service environment
• Strong communication skills, comfortable sharing technical plans and options to both technical and non-technical team members
• Excellent coding and debugging skills
• Deep experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools. Expertise in C++ required.
• A passionate gamer with an interest in following the advancement industry technologies
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!