IT Service Specialist
Bucharest, RO RO
EA Studios Data Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer with a background in business intelligence engineering for a full-time position. The Data Engineering team within Development & Technology Services (DTS) creates tools, methodologies, and services to provide self-service business intelligence to help test our great games catalog. In addition to developing analytics engineering solutions our team provides support services for data platform and engineering hosted by other engineering professionals in the organization.
You will work with Software Engineers and Data Analysts on an agile scrum team to achieve data needs of multiple teams for multiple data hubs and you will report to the Development Director of the DTS Engineering team.
Main responsibilities for this role will include working with our Development, Service, and Business Analytics teams to develop and deploy business intelligence tools. Secondary responsibility for this role will be to assist in providing best practice recommendations for data systems. Tasks will include:
• Engage and work among a group of Software Engineers and Data Analysts working on the development of data solutions
• Develop ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services, C#, .NET, and other tools.
• Manage a data warehouse and supporting data marts in a SQL Server environment. This includes managing security, monitoring performance, implementing schema changes, optimizing index and process performance.
• Work with data analysts to establish requirements and achieve the necessary data and reporting needs.
• Offer best practices and implementation strategies in developing stable and scalable systems for the future
• Partner with agile team members to guide quality standards through code reviews, test-driven development strategies and design approvals
• Perform impact analysis and assisting with assessment on service requests
• Document tools and practices and participate in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
• Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
• 3+ years of software development on data warehousing and modeling technologies, database development and administration in a Microsoft SQL Server environment (SQL Server 2005 +)
• Mastery in designing TSQL queries and stored procedures, table partitioning, indexing, backup strategies, database optimization and performance tuning
• Expertise in re-architecture of failing systems to produce scalable results in a reasonable amount of time
What we may offer? Funny that you asked….
• A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips & tricks.
• Cool location in a non-crowded aria of Bucharest, very close to the subway (AFI Park).
• Flexible hours (we get it…it's not always easy to get up before the rooster)
• Fresh fruits & a very good coffee (for some extra energy)
• Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you)
• Additional free days for Christmas period (Except the bank holidays - some extra vacation time for sure won't hurt)